When a family member dies, simply contact the Call Centre. Your nearest funeral services branch will then contact you within the next few minutes.
When the Funeral Service conducts a funeral for you, you are assured of quality service and products.
In addition, a discount of up to 10% is granted on the coffin & service fees provided the complete funeral service is done through One Loyalty’s Funeral Services. Members get the full range of quality products and services, including:
- Removal of deceased from home or hospital or other place of death
- International & cross-border repatriations
- Traditional and cultural funerals
- Long distance removal
- Tents, chairs, groceries
- Graveside set up
- Leaflets, wreaths and flowers
- Any additional goods and services they may choose (conditions apply)
- A discount of up to 20% is applicable on the Memorial Stone and Unveiling Package.
Members receive the following benefits:
- R500 discount when spending between R4 500 – R7 499 on coffin and services
- R1 000 discount when spending more than R7 500 on coffin and services
Terms and Conditions:
- This benefit applies to the services and products only and excludes all external costs for services or products either requested by the next of kin or demanded by regulatory requirement.
- This benefit will entitle members including their spouse/life partner and immediate next of kin to a benefit of R1 000 on the funeral/cremation costs exceeding R7 500.
- For funeral or cremation costs ranging between R4 500 and R7 499 a benefit of R500 will apply. No benefits will apply to costs amounting to less than R4 500.
- Members and/or their next of kin must provide proof of membership to be eligible for the benefit.
- This benefit can only be redeemed in South Africa.
- This benefit cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All valid funeral policies and/or contracts will be accepted and this benefit applies irrespective of a member owning a funeral policy and/or contract.
- The benefit is not limited to policies or contracts only, members using cash are also eligible to the benefit.
Members receive the following benefits at a 10% discount:
- Grave costs/Cremation costs.
- Doctor’s fees for completion of cremation documents.
- Minister’s, churchwarden’s and organist’s fees.
- Transport costs outside a radius of 30 kilometres from an AVBOB office.
- Additional funeral leaflets in excess of 100.
- House tents, chairs and tables.
- Motorcars and busses for transporting family members and relatives.
- Fresh flower bouquets.
- Food parcels animals for slaughter.
- Conducting funeral after hours.
- Removal of the deceased to AVBOB premises.
- Refrigeration of and caring for the deceased.
- Registration of death.
- Writing or engraving of name plate.
- Provision of a coffin.
- Supply of up to 100 funeral pamphlets.
- Local telephone calls.
- Placement of funeral/cremation notice in a newspaper.
- Use of hearse.
- Use of grass carpet, lowering machine, grave tents and ten (10) chairs.